Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Vanilla Reset Poll
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

Vanilla is a unique server in many ways for Minetown. It's hard difficulty and limited command structure set it apart from other servers on the network, and a major goal when it was originally launched to give players a new challenge that Minetown servers had not given in a long time. Many players had mentioned that they felt they had run out of things to do on other servers and had become bored, and stopped playing. To keep Vanilla fresh, we never intended it to be a long term map that lasts for years like Main. The original goal for the map was a yearly reset, meaning that the map would be reset around July/August.

With the drop in player count on the server, some players have brought the idea to us that it might be time to reset again. Essentially, an expedited reset as soon as possible. I'm sure many of you have finished many of your long-term goals for the server anyway. Additionally, with the Coronavirus pandemic, many of you are at home, which means this could be the perfect time to reset the map.

However, there are some issues with this. For one, we typically give warnings far in advance of a server reset. Not just a "Hey, the server is resetting now." Also, we planned on offering transfers of builds from Vanilla to Main. We would likely offer transfers even with an expedited reset, but there wouldn't be as clear of a policy or time frame.

Another issue with an expedited is the fact that 1.16 will include a complete redo of the nether. With how important the nether is to Vanilla, we don't want you to miss out on any features. An expedited reset would mean a significant chunk of the Vanilla nether would be old (current) nether, even if the map exists for several months in 1.16.

We aren't sure what the best option is. As a result, we're letting you decide! Please vote in the below which option for the reset of Vanilla you would like to choose. This poll will close in 3 days, so vote as soon as you can!
When is 1.16 set to come out?
It's slated for the first half of 2020.
Have any decisions been bade as to when the next vanilla reset is occuring? if it is coming soon, can I get my builds moved to main?